KING’S GATE CLUB
NOVEMBER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The R/O Plant is running smoothly with the new variable frequency drives on the high service pumps. You should be
noticing a steady water pressure in your homes.
- The waste water plant has been running smoothly. Yesterday though, there was a crack in the side wall of the
chlorine tank causing a significant leak. Fortunately, Bob Mains saw it and alerted the chemical supplier quickly. A new
tank was delivered and put into operation with a minimum loss of product.
- Last month I reported that the State of Florida required a special grate over the drains in the pool and the Jacuzzi,
which have been installed. In July 2011, the Florida Department of Health will require a substantial modification to the
Jacuzzi piping system. We are exploring the extent of these requirements and their costs with a pool engineer. More on
- Bob Mains found a leak in one of the pool drain lines into the pool house. After repair, the daily water usage
improved by approximately 200 gallons.
- All of the volcanoes and the fountain are now working. Please make sure that you do not cause or allow any foreign
material including plastic bags, fishing line or long stands of grass to get into the lake. That type of material will
clog the impellers on the equipment and cause expensive repairs. The total cost of repairs to the one damaged unit and
service to the other units was $4,554.00. The purpose of these four units are to keep the dissolved oxygen in the lake
water above a certain level. Because the overflow from the lake goes into Salt Creek, the Department of Environmental
Protection tests the lake for the oxygen level, pH level and for several other chemicals that could harm the estuary
system of Dona Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Yesterday, the landscape committee met with the Sarasota County Agent Annemarie Post to inspect the new plantings and
review the proposals for future work.
- Nanak’s, our landscape company received five complaints after they mowed on 10/29. After serious discussions with
management before the next mowing, we have had only one complaint and two compliments. Maybe things are on the right
- The bat elimination project should begin around the first of December and take approximately one week to complete.
- The engineer’s bid package for structural repairs to the bridge is now complete and ready to send to concrete repair
contractors for bids.
- Recently, the newspaper had a report on the I-75/Honore project. The article stated in part that the county had
allocated $11.6 million for relocation of the southbound lanes of I-75 so that the existing I-75 southbound lanes could
be incorporated into the Honore project. We contacted the condemnation attorney that is representing KGC to learn of any
plans that the county had for acquisition of part of our 8 acres for the project. He contacted the county real estate
department and was told that there were no funds for right of way acquisition and no funds for construction of the
project. They had no plans to proceed until funds were available. He said that KGC should go ahead with any plans they
had to utilize the property for any use they wished including erecting structures.
Home | Contact Manager